We continue to listen for the best way to offer the medicine of Sacred Fire. We no longer require masks or limited seating, we still ask you to reserve your seat via eventbrite for most of our local events. Registration for Fire Speaks events is done directly through Sacred Fire
- See calendar for dates.
- Please make a reservation via eventbrite for each person.
We look forward to being together with the support of Fire and discover common human heart.
- After signing up via Eventbrite, your seat will be confirmed via email along with our address and directions. Please check your junk mail for confirmation from eventbrite or email@example.com.
- You are free to wear a mask though they are optional. We ask the people who are ill or recently exposed to COVID (within 3 days) cancel their reservation.
- We hold a space free of drugs and alcohol .
- Cost: There is no specific fee for our regular monthly fires (community/men’s/women’s). However, offering exchange via donations to our Sacred Fire Asheville Community Fund is welcome via cash placed in the ” fire gourd”on site, check made to Lisa Lichtig or via PayPal – please use friends and family. This helps cover expenses incurred to host these events. We also welcome volunteers.
- Volunteers: There are many ways to help out and contribute to these offerings whether its help with set up, clean up, taking photos, proof reading the newsletter, offering transportation. Helping out is one of the ways we come together in common purpose and get to know eachother.
- Contact our Firekeepers: Lisa Lichtig or Patrick Hanaway if you have questions or want to lend a hand or get more involved. 828.768.3302 or 828.713.1553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO BRING
- Clothing to support you being outside, including a headlamp.
- Stories, poems, songs, jokes, questions, feelings , and concerns to share around the fire.
- Friends, family, or children who would like to join us.
- Exchange – A donation to our community fund (there are no fees charged though we rely on donations to help sustain basic expenses to offer these fires. Suggestion $5 – 20.
- Openness, honesty, vulnerability.
At all of our community events, rest assured the firekeeper or host will walk you through a process to ensure we enjoy our time together and prioritize everyone’s safety.
As human beings, we have gathered around fire for millennia for its light and warmth, to cook our food, to share our lives, tell our stories, and connect. Our monthly fires are a time each month to gather around the fire in all our diversity and humanity and see what unfolds with the support of Sacred Fire. The mystery of this process is ‘unscripted’, providing stimulation, learning opportunities, transformation and nourishment.
Monthly fires are held by an initiated firekeeper, a life-long volunteer committed to learning from fire, offering Sacred Fire and gathering community. They are trained and receive continuing education in the time-honored principles of Fire Work-how to expand and enrich our relationships through the connective and transformative power of Fire. Monthly fires provide a space to begin connecting with one another, nature and the world around us; a place to begin to dig a little deeper, discover and express what really matters; a place to experience the spiritual presence of Fire, externally and within.
Come with your concerns or questions, your play, your songs, your stories, your gifts, your laughter, your tears, your presence or your silence. Each fire has a different flavor or spirit that is created by the ingredients of the world around us, nature, and the people who participate that evening.
Community Fire – Generally the 2nd Saturday of each month, unless stated otherwise. You are welcome to arrive early and walk the land or bring your own picnic dinner. Use trails at your own risk.
Each month we have a place and a way to burn away fear and worn-out patterns, allowing us a fresh start to rebuild life-sustaining connections. Something inexplicable happens.
Monthly Community Fires offer an inclusive space where all ages of people regardless of tradition, political persuasion, or walk of life can gather in an atmosphere of genuine respect to experience the gifts of Fire and community.
Women’s Fire (generally on the New Moon)
Sustain your connection to the feminine in your daily life. Held monthly, women’s fires create a space for us to explore being women. It’s valuable for us to come together and nurture ourselves and each other with the support of sacred fire and in the presence and reflection of other women. Being together in this way can be both nourishing and transformative. When women take time to connect with each other, we, our friends and family and the world we live in all benefit.
We come together with respect, compassion, understanding and honest exploration. Bring your feelings, experiences, stories, challenges, songs and/or simply bring your presence. Feel free to invite other women to join us.
Monthly Men’s Fire ( Generally – Last Thursday @ month)
How do we support each other in our quest to be of service to our families and community? What are our emotions really telling us?
Come and be with us, around the fire, as we discover what it means to connect in a deeper way man-to-man.
Read more about Lifeways Men’s and Women’s retreats offered through Sacred Fire whose wisdom ways are supported through our local monthly men’s and women’s fires.
Saturday, May 27, 2023: 2:00 pm ~ Midnight: Fire Speaks – A special audience with Grandfather Fire in a community setting surrounded by nature. Register Here. Contact email@example.com for more information or to help out.
Read More about Fire Speaks and learn about the natural phenomenon of Grandfather Fire.
Curious but not committed? Come to an Intro Event – April 11: 7-8:30: online via zoom
Sunday, May 28, 2022: 3:00 – 6:00 pm: Digesting Fire Speaks – A special fire to digest the Grandfather Fire’s wisdom and teachings and your experience the previous day. This additional offering is option but included in the ticket price.
All of these events are held at Sacred Fire Council House which rests on the home and land of our firekeepers and the Ancestors who came before them. Please be respectful. There is no fee charged for many of these offerings, unless specifically stated in the special event details. Donations, however, are gratefully accepted in exchange and offset the expenses of hosting.