CALENDAR & LINKS TO VIRTUAL & IN PERSON FIRES
Whether you speak, sing, share or listen, Sacred Fire helps us drop into our heart, feel what is present and digest the experience of being alive in the presence of others. May this be nourishing and help us move forward in life in a good way. You are invited to join us whenever you want.
PRE-REGISTER VIA THE LINKS BELOW
- VIRTUAL WOMEN’S FIRE – FRIDAY JUNE 5, 7:30 – 9:30 PM https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcscO2rrTktH9BxJFrvy-s5R_bqcIRw0pez
- IN PERSON – COMMUNITY FIRE – SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 7:30 – 11:00 PM –
- IN PERSON – MEN’S FIRE – THURSDAY , JUNE 25, 7:30 – 9:30 PM
- REGISTER – SPACE LIMITED https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZAKo0woiW6Hv9sVKRM_ySGq_Ge5D5TgtA6aB1JLtma3LOQQ/viewform
STEP 1: Register in advance for each Fire Circle – see link by event date.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Lisa via zoom . It will include the meeting link. If you don’t receive it, check your junk mail or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Between 7:15 – 7:30 pm, click the link you were sent after registering. That way you can get settled and we can work out technical glitches before we start at 7:30 pm. After we get started, please MUTE yourself on the control panel unless you are speaking or are asked by the firekeeper to unmute. There will be time to hear each others voices.
STEP 3: 🔥 LIGHT A CANDLE OR FIRE to help connect to our Virtual Fire. Our firekeeper will consecrate the Fire 🔥 in the Sacred Fire Council House to help deepen our virtual connection and hold the space for our time together. Please mute audio during this time.
Things to remember about using ZOOM
- This is new for many of us.
- We will learn how to do this together and make adjustments along the way.
- It is ideal to use video if you have a good internet connection. If internet is slow you can use the dial in link.
- Your firekeeper will give further guidance on using zoom before we get started.
- Here are some basics about zoom:
- Views – There are two views in zoom – gallery – you can see everyone on the call and speaker view- you can see the person speaking up close. After we consecrate the fire, we will spotlight the Sacred Fire in speaker view. We will then invite everyone to turn off their video feed so they can just see the fire. That will not only improve the internet bandwidth but it helps create a beautiful and supportive space to the experience of listening and speaking.
- Raise your hand and muting: Its most effective for everyone’s experience to mute yourself and use the “raise your hand” button in the participants section of the tool bar when you want to speak.
- Be spacious, respectful and forgiving of yourself and each other as we discover another way to connect.
- There will be time to share your stories, concerns, poetry, jokes (yes laughter is good medicine even during a pandemic), vulnerability, questions, songs, expressions of heart or just listen in the presence of others. Without censoring yourself, please bring awareness to what feels essential from your heart to share while creating time and space for others.
- There is no fee however, donations to Sacred Fire Asheville Community Fund are welcome via PayPal. Click Here. Be sure to uncheck the “Paying for goods or a service” box, because we are friends and family.
Sacred Fire’s responds to the isolation and separation being asked of humanity during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic by offering Ignite! Heart Stories from Sacred Fire. These small stories of heart bring comfort, connection and new awareness in these times. Subscribe Here. When the tumult has settled, and people are gathering in groups once again, Ignite! will yield to Sacred Fire’s regular newsletter, Around the Fire, with its inspiring feature articles, profiles and events calendar.