Winter Solstice Ceremony
Sacred Fire, Healing Music, Community Nourishment
Saturday, December 21, 5:00-9:00pm
Arrive by Sunset
This winter solstice we invite community to come together at sunset for a special fire and ceremony. We’ll honor and experience this natural turning point to the return of the sun by going inward with the support of Sacred Fire, healing music by Scott Sheerin and each other’s presence.
We’ll consecrate the fire together at sunset and then share quiet time together supported by music created for the moment and go inward.
- If you choose, bring paper and pen/pencil. During this contemplative and supportive time, you can write down what you need to let go of from this year. Once this feels complete you will place it in the Sacred Fire.
Afterwards, we will gather together in our home for a festive and nourishing time sharing a simple meal of soup, hot chocolate and cider.
- Bring games, musical instruments, and stories to share for after our feast in our home.
We’ll need your help:
- 6 people to bring soup
- 2 people to bring beverages
- 2 people to arrive early around 4 pm and help set up the council house.
- 2 people to help in the kitchen.
Suggested donation: $5-20 for our musician and the hearth.
RSVP to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know approximately how many people to nourish. Please also let her know if you can bring soup, beverage or help set up